In this second video, we look at the threats facing you from within your organization.
Not all threats are external; some exist within your organization itself, based on how it operates and what people do or don’t do.
Small organizations open themselves up to 30% more threats than larger ones by not adopting the most basic security measures.
Types of threat include:
- Using outdated software, such as Windows 7 and Office 2010
- Not applying regular security updates to modern software, such as Windows 10 and 11
- Not using virus protection
- Using old and outdated IT equipment
- Using simple, easy to guess passwords
- Not using a password manager to generate long random passwords, and remember them
- Not using other security basics such as multi factor authentication, where you generate a login code on another device
- Using non-standard devices, such as smart TVs or other gadgets, on the company network
- Not correctly configuring the VPN connection into your business. This gives remote access to your business systems. Get it wrong, and it’s like leaving the front door to your house wide open
That brings us to our third video, and it’s a big one: What you can do to keep your organization safe.